Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Babies R Us - Omaha, NE

My opinion of this store has changed drastically during this pregnancy. With my daughter we did our "big baby business" elsewhere, and I am wishing we would have avoided BRU this time around as well.
The customer service in general is terrible. We ordered a rocking chair for the nursery in a different color than the display - and we were told it would take 6 weeks for it to come in. I followed up at 7 weeks, and they told me it would be 10-12 weeks before it would be in...and the guy HUNG UP on me!

When we ordered our furniture (Crib, dresser, changing table, conversion rails, and the previously mentioned rocking chair - so roughly $2000.00 in profit for the store that day just from us!) we had discount coupons to use - that we were told SEVERAL times would be valid on anything that wasn't listed in the "void" category (none of our stuff was)...but when we went to pay, they would only give us the discount on the crib! It took them almost 2 hours to figure everything out (and no, we did not get our discounts) and we had our 18 month old daughter with us. 2 hours in a checkout line, with a toddler, and a big basket of balls (Thanks BRU for so strategically placing that!) is nothing but a total nightmare...especially for a momma who is almost 30 weeks pregnant!

I refuse to do business with Babies R Us once our furniture is in. It was a total disaster. We called their customer service hotline, and the only thing they could do for us is give us a $10.00 store giftcard. Oh boy, that sure makes it all better!!!!


I would suggest you order your baby furniture from JCPenny. I will review them shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment